FES Future of Work is looking for a Policy officer. Deadline for applications is 4 November.
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is an independent and non-profit organization that is committed to the ideas and values of social democracy and the labor movement.
The competence center "Future of Work" is dedicated to the challenges arising from the disruptions in the world of work in the course of the so-called "digital transformation". Its core concern is the identification and development of progressive policy proposals to shape the structural change that is taking place.
The worldwide network of FES enables dialogue on political, economic, social, and environmental issues not only between Germany and Europe, within Europe itself, but also between Europe and the world. The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung – as an institution involved in dialogue, education, and policy advice – has a special role as a “political network organization” for and with various European institutions.
- Monitoring EU policy and policy fields as well as identifying upcoming policy trends related to the future of work
- Elaboration of and advocacy for progressive policy proposals
- Planning, implementation, evaluation, and follow-up of dialogues and consulting programs as well as trainings
- Preparation of short written analyses and oral statements
- Networking with political, trade union and civil society actors as well as the think tank community at the European level
- Accompanying visitors and delegations
- University degree in economics and/or social sciences
- Sound knowledge of European and international policy from various policy fields that are connected to sahping the world of work
- Established network within labour and social policy field
- Experience in project and event management/design
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Proven work experience of at least two years in a Brussels-based EU-institution
- A full-time position
- Permanent employment
- Adequate payment in accordance with the Belgian law
- An international political working environment
- Appropriate professional development opportunities
- A friendly, appreciative working environment with open-minded colleagues
Please send your complete application documents (CV, motivation letter, recommendation letters, certificates) until November 4, 2022 by email to: Matthias Weber, matthias.weber(at)fes.de
The job opening can be downloaded here as pdf version.